Beautiful YouJuly 14, 2015
Keep Australia Beautiful (KAB) Week is about environment-friendly action. It will be held on August 24-30. This will give you enough time to think about it, which you can apply all year round. Let's count the ways:
- Plant, and you shall reap. The plants in your backyard can be a sight to behold. You may be unaware that this living thing has a vital part in the ecosystem. Anything that can breath life can be inspiring.
- Don't forget to water the plants. These living things need nourishment, and it's not difficult to figure it out. It only takes a few minutes of your time.
- Stop and smell the flowers. If this won't hook you up, then nothing will. Spring is around the corner, so don't miss it.
- Go out. Everything comes to life during spring time. which is enough of a good reason not to be a homebody. Never miss every (outdoor) moment.
- Time to mow the lawn. Prim and proper can be a pleasing sight. No if and but. The weather is fine, so there's no excuse not to do this chore.
- Sweat it out. Keeping fit, while enjoying the scenery. What better way to start the day? If you're not an early riser, then there's no need to worry. The afternoon has its own charm.
- Keep on walking. If you don't have the time for exercising, then walk the distance. It's the best way to keep fit, even if you don't feel like working out.
- Ride the bike. Keep the car key at home. Bringing your bicycle to school has many benefits, one of which is good company. Make sure you won't be late.
- Run, run, run. Why not give running a try? Even once. You'll sweat it out, you might have to wake up early than usual. But there can be no better time to savor the view than your rest period.
- Kick your smoking habit. Not that you're guilty of throwing cigarette butts anywhere, but it's time to overcome this addictive habit. Once and for all. Less litter is better.
- Mind your trash. Make sure you dispose your trash on the proper area. Be a good citizen and dispose item(s) that is not yours.
- Don't waste water. Remember that Oz is more of an arid landscape. And not everyone can afford the cost of turning sea water into drinking water. So turn off the faucet.
- Get in touch with KAB-minded people. You're not obliged to attend every KAB event, but it's not difficult to find others who care about the environment. Any help is most welcome.
- Talk about the environment. If you want action, then plan a trip. A day-long journey in the Outback is good, but a few-day hike is better. Talk it over tea.
- Make a promise. Never get tired of doing the above. Don't ever forget about it.
â€œIt was dead quiet and then when everything happened it was so loud, so, so loud.â€ - Kerri Ingram (recalling ... Read more >
Discount programs available for customers6
Chat operators are online10
Phone operators are online23